Here - There and Everywhere

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here - There and Everywhere

Summer - alive and well and going strong for the Atlantic Chapter members. In about two weeks many of us will be winging our way via plane and train to Denver to meet up with old friends - make new friends and LEARN and NETWORK, the staple of our Chapter. Thanks to Brian, our Chapter Night out will be another outstanding event, so don't forget, if you are attending conference to RSVP to him before it's too late - no RSVP means no entry to the dinner and that would be sad!! All information can be found on PSConnect under the Atlantic Chapter forum (official means of communications besides the website).

Before you know it we will be meeting again at the Samoset in Maine, check out the conference link found right here on the website - those rooms are not going to be available forever; you can't beat the prices for the hotel and conference. Once again we have wonderful sponsors helping the committee put together yet another fantastic program, take a minute and check out the link. We have so many opportunities to learn and network between the International and Chapter conferences and those speakers take the time to put together programs to keep us current on trends and topics. Both conferences give us, as members, the opportunity to voice our opinions at the business meetings, and ask questions as to what we as the Board have been doing for YOU the member. It's also the time for you to vote! As members it is our responsibility to vote for Executive Committee members and even if someone is running unopposed, you still need to vote - APCO has already sent out the notification so you can vote on line or at conference if you are going to be in Denver.

For the Atlantic Chapter you will vote in person in Maine, nominations can be taken from the floor as long as the paperwork is completed and submitted properly - if you are not sure what is needed, in the Policy Manual - Article XII - Officer Eligibility - Nomination, will explain what the qualifications are, as well as Appendix I, II, II and IV of the Policy Manual. I know I have written many posts encouraging you to think about running for the Board and there is still time, you never know who could be running and why shouldn't it be YOU.

Several of our Centers have experienced loss and serious illnesses this month, so please keep our Chapter members in your thoughts and prayers. The Board will also entertain any requests for assistance if there is someone in need - we are the Communications Family and we are here for each other, no one should go through these losses alone. I know when I am in Denver I will once again be challenging our sister Chapters to donate to the Sunshine Fund during their conferences - 50/50 raffles are a huge help as well as private donations. The fund has been utilized a LOT this year and it is not a never ending pool of money, we need to do our part to help keep it fluid.

Well, it's a beautiful Friday afternoon - the sun is shining brightly and there is a light breeze blowing, so for our day people we can enjoy a few more hours of sunshine and for the night people there is still some cool air to help you sleep and rest before you start your shift. Enjoy your weekend and time off, be safe and kind to one another - for those who are going to Denver travel safe and we'll see you at the Business Meeting and our Night Out, and for those who can not make it, I know we'll see you in Maine!

Maureen
Working...
X