Stop and Take a Moment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stop and Take a Moment

Hello Atlantic Chapter - it is a beautiful autumn day here in Connecticut, and I hope all our members are enjoying the warm air - sunshine and that all is well with you. By now, many of our members are aware of the events that took place over the weekend involving Brian LaMonica, our President Elect, and his loving wife Suzette. While at a fair Suzette was struck by a vehicle, she along with one other was injured. Suzette is still in the hospital and has undergone several surgeries, but is holding strong. Brian and his family are at her side and surrounding them all is this Chapter, and many other APCO family members. Our linked arms will keep them strong during this time, and we as the Board are supporting Brian so that he need only concentrate on Suzette and his family. Many have reached out asking what they can do, right now your love, support and prayers are greatly appreciated. We are not posting Brian's home address, however if you contact any member of the Board we will be able to help you out. As we learn more we will make sure to keep you informed.

In a few short weeks we will gather once again for our annual conference at the beautiful Samoset Resort in Maine. The conference committee has been hard at work finalizing their plans - check out the conference tab and see our loyal sponsors as well as information on the program - Word has it that rooms are selling fast, so if you have not booked a room yet you need to get on it. There are going to be wonderful session for you to learn what's happening around us with FirstNet as well leadership and motivation sessions. You have instructors from across our Chapter and I know of one who has a wonderful southern accent coming all the way from Georgia, not just to give us a session but to learn how the Atlantic Chapter puts on a conference!

During conference we will have business meeting and elections. In the next few days Christina will be posting information for the membership on changes possible within the Policy Manual. These changes benefit members in small ways and as always will continue to keep the Atlantic Chapter a true leader in our profession. Speaking of leadership - applications are still being accepted for not just the CPE program but RPL also. We need YOU the member to take charge and become involved as many of us here in the Chapter may not choose to continue being as active as we have been. There are so many of us who have such love for this Chapter (and for you) but sometimes it gets hard when you hear "it's the same people", so I challenge you - get involved within the Chapter or better yet, ask someone if they would mentor you. Look in the "About Us" tab and give us a call, you might be surprised at what we can offer.

It's time to pack up and head out for some meetings, I look forward to seeing you all in Maine, and I will miss those who are not with us. Please take a moment out of your busy day and just sit - close your eyes and reflect on how lucky we are and send a good thought for a speedy recovery for Suzette and strength for Brian and his family - I know I am sending one for all of you. Until next time.
    Respect,
    Maureen
Working...
X