Conference Reflections

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conference Reflections

Good afternoon Atlantic Chapter Members! It is a windy, rainy day here in Connecticut and I imagine dispatchers across our region are working hard fielding calls for wires down or flooded basements, I know mine are! I am one of the lucky ones who can be at home with my daughter watching it pour, well at home unless that phone rings then I could be on my way in to work.

So many of us have returned from the Samoset feeling relaxed and recharged after conference. We were so fortunate to once again have the entire Executive Committee in attendance. President Carter - First Vice President Wayt - Second Vice President Hilburn and Immediate Past President Greathouse enjoyed our hospitality as well as shared information to the membership at the Town Hall meeting. They also enjoyed our company after hours and got to know so many of our members in the relaxing atmosphere of the Samoset. To have the ability to sit down face to face with people that you hear about or see from "afar" during the International conference, opened up the eyes of many members and it was obvious there was mutual respect shared amongst one another.

As we start a new year I am once again amazed at the caliber of people we have in this Chapter who when called upon to either serve or help, are always there. We raised over $1,400 for the Sunshine Fund at conference during the annual 50/50 raffle (also know as a challenge with North Carolina) and we did it in a very short amount of time. Thanks to a wonderful woman from VT (who I will write more about later) the entire amount will be given to the Sunshine Fund. We here in the north may have cold hands every once in awhile, but our hearts are warm with love and support for one another!

I am humbled to be remaining on the Executive Board, our President Brian LaMonica has asked me to serve as his Secretary and I have accepted. When your term is up on the Board you always have mixed feelings, and I will admit that I was sad thinking that after we left the Samoset I would no longer be serving, but now I again have an opportunity to be apart of the Board and I will do my best to continue to put love of Chapter ahead of all else, and continue to mentor those who are seeking opportunities to serve.

So, it's not too early to start thinking about the next conference which will be held in my home state of Connecticut! With that in mind, the Fall Initiative is available for you to come and see us in the beautiful Mystic/Groton area - we will once again be back at the Mystic Marriott which has undergone a wonderful renovation. It's easy to apply - just check out the website here (remember to login in as a user) and go to the About Us tab and then click on the Fall Initiative On line application, all the information you need is there. If you are looking to attend a class, such as the RPL there is the Blesso Scholarship that is available to you. This Chapter has so much to offer and your Board is there to answer questions and keep leading us into the future.

Enjoy this rainy and windy Sunday - Halloween is around the corner and before you know it we'll be celebrating the holidays. Until next time!
    Maureen

That was truly a great conference!

There were a lot of great people that got acknowledged for their hard work too. We are in the process of updated the photos on our site to reflect the award winners.

Congratulations to all the Board members and new and returning committee members, it's going to be a great year!

Comment

Working...
    X