Non Traditional PSAP Survey

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non Traditional PSAP Survey

I have copied a post from PSConnect regarding a survey for Non-Traditional PSAP's. We here at the Atlantic Chapter have MANY agencies that fall into this category, right here in CT I can think of our Regional CMED Centers and our colleges/universities along with Bradley Airport. For those who fall into this category, please take the time to read the post and complete the survey.
    Maureen

As some of you may know, APCO created a Non-Traditional Public Safety Answering Point (PSAP) Task Force. The scope of this task force is to study the needs of non-traditional PSAPs and other public safety related communication centers to make recommendations on how APCO International can further its mission and vision by engaging non-traditional PSAPS on a deeper level. Non-traditional PSAPs include but are not limited to: campus law enforcement and security departments, airports, special districts, hospitals, private companies that collaborate with local governments to provide emergency communications services (e.g railroads) and PSAPs on military bases and tribal lands.

The first phase of this project is to establish a contact list of Non-Traditional PSAP's and to survey them in order to make recommendations on how APCO can better serve our Non-Traditional PSAP community. This survey is now OPEN and will remain open through December 31, 2017.

In order to maximize our outreach to the Non-Traditional PSAP Community I am asking Chapter Presidents to share this survey with your chapter's Non-Traditional PSAPs. Your assistance in getting the word out will play a significant role in our ability to engage our peers.

Please feel free to share this survey link with other members of the Non-Traditional PSAP Community or to your entire chapter so that they can share this with their contacts that belong to this PSAP community. However, this survey intent is for Non-Traditional PSAPs only.

I am listing the members of our task force, so please feel free to reach out to me or any member of the Task Force with any questions.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/NON-TRAD-PSAP

Desi Calzada

APCO Non-Traditional PSAP Task Force Chair

Desi.calzada@csueastbay.edu

Task Force Members

Nancie Lutze University of Texas, Houston (Ret) nlutzeps@gmail.com

April Boykin Calcasieu Parish Communications District aboykin@calcasieu911.com

John Bump USAG Aberdeen Proving Grounds john.p.bump@gmail.com

Daniel Donaldson Port of Portland Communications dt.donaldson@portofportland.com

Theodore Langdon University of Cincinnati Theodore.langdon@uc.edu

Rich Nowakowski Loyola University, Chicago rnowakowski@luc.edu

Elizabeth Phillips University of Kansas lphillips@ku.edu

Jeff Smith Bureau of Land Management (AZ) jesmith@blm.gov

Desiderio Calzada

Administrative Operations Manager

CSU East Bay Police Department

25800 Carlos Bee Blvd LI1063

Hayward, CA 94542

Office 510-885-7524

Cell 209-509-7732

Working...