Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Declaration of Candidacy

Dear fellow members of the APCO Atlantic Chapter,

I would like to declare my candidacy for the position of President-Elect for the APCO Atlantic Chapter 2018-2019 term. I have been an active member of APCO and the Atlantic Chapter since 2002. I started my career as a Police Explorer, where as part of the program we “had” to sit in dispatch for 40 hours before being allowed to do ride alongs with an officer. I enjoyed the experience so much, that I continued to dispatch rather than participate in ride alongs on many occasions. It was here, that I learned the basics of Dispatch, and was able to hone my skills.

Since that time, I have worked in several capacities within the field of emergency communications. I have dispatched Police, Fire, EMS, and air medical. I have worked as a Dispatcher, Training Coordinator, IT Manager, Director, and currently serve as the Chief, of the Lakes Region Mutual Fire Aid District in NH. In this role I am responsible for the mutual aid district operations, communications, personnel and planning in an area spanning 1800 square miles in the most recreated portion of NH, and our coverage area is roughly the size of Rhode Island.

I also serve my hometown as Chairman of the Board of Selectman, and as a Firefighter and EMS Captain/Advanced EMT overseeing the EMS services in the community. As a member of Sandown Fire-Rescue I have worked to raise over $50,000 for Project Hero, an adaptive sports program benefiting our veterans and first responders.

Throughout my career I have been a member of APCO and have said countless times I would not be where I am today if it were not for the networking, training, and mentorship that APCO has offered me throughout my membership.

I have always embraced the mission and ideals of APCO, I am the only Registered Public Safety Leader in New Hampshire and deployed the only APCO Project-33 certified training program in New Hampshire, which has since been successfully recertified. As part of the Project-33 certification standards, all my team members are required to possess PST-1, or FSC and any training conducted with new hires or continuing education is conducted by certified CTO’s. Lakes Region Mutual Fire Aid will shortly begin also using the APCO Illuminations program as we prepare for Project-33 certification.

I believe strongly in rigor, accountability, and industry standards, as such, Lakes Region Mutual Fire Aid is the only communications center in NH that participates in an ongoing QA/QI program that meets or exceeds the APCO/NENA standard for the establishment of a Quality Assurance and Quality Improvement Program for Public Safety Answering Points. I believe strongly, that without a program of this type we cannot get better as Dispatchers, and better serve our citizens, and field personnel.

As an APCO member, I was honored to receive “Senior Member” status at the 2017 Chapter training conference, and have honorably served the State of New Hampshire, the Chapter, and APCO International for years.
    I believe we have the best chapter within APCO, and we have done many great things over the years. There is still some great opportunity for growth, and member involvement.

I have thought long and hard about continuing my service to the Chapter and continuing to give back in an elected role. With my skills, experience, and length of chapter and board service I believe wholeheartedly that I can not only lead the support the Atlantic Chapter and President as the President-Elect, but also represent all of our membership with honor, pride, and integrity as we move forward.

If elected to serve, it will be a goal of mine to increase member involvement at the local level, as well as increase member involvement in the important work of the chapter, and the association. I would like to develop additional training opportunities, and scholarships for our members, as well as create opportunity for any member to be involved that wants to be. Using my experience as a member of the NH Emergency Dispatchers Association, and what has worked for them I propose establishing some additional committees, and outreach for the chapter.

These opportunities will allow more members to be involved in ways we have not traditionally had, as well as help to prepare and develop our next generation of chapter leaders with the skills, experience, and mentorship, they as APCO Atlantic Chapter members deserve.

As we make our voting decisions at the Chapter business meeting in October, I would ask for your consideration, your vote, and most important of all, your trust.

Respectfully,

Jonathan M. Goldman, RPL
    Chief Coordinator
    Lakes Region Mutual Fire Aid

To see a document with my service to APCO and the State of NH please follow this link:

To keep up with my thoughts feel free to search for Jon Goldman, RPL on Facebook and subscribe, like, and share my page.

Comment

Working...
    X