Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site has been updated

Good morning,

The site has been updated to the latest version. This version addressed some performance issues and has added some new features.

I realize a fair amount of members may not be familiar with the site, specifically how to use certain features. I will address new and old features here in hopes of assisting you with using the site.

We also want you to be able to provide feedback, and ask questions. This section will also address that and provide you a forum to ask those site specific question both publically or privately.

Some of the new features include the events calendar. One of the biggest questions asked is "how do I use it, or create content"?

Here is a step by step tutorial on how to do just that and how to use other features;

First select the forum you want to place your post in.
    Once in the forum you want, select "+ New Topic"
    You will then be presented with a "Create New Topic" window.
    Give your new topic a subject title by entering it in the "Enter Title" field.
    Now you can enter the bulk of your message in the "Write Something" field.
    You will notice a few icons just below your subject title. These are for creating or inserting items.

Click image for larger version  Name:	images.JPG Views:	1 Size:	1.1 KB ID:	473
    By selecting this icon, it allows you to upload photos to create an album from which you can insert into posts. The paper clip on the upper right will also allow you to insert pictures into your post, but without creating an album.

Click image for larger version  Name:	links.JPG Views:	1 Size:	1.2 KB ID:	474
    By selecting the "Links" icon, it allows you to insert hyperlinks into your post as well, these will be at the bottom of your post, see example below.

Click image for larger version  Name:	polls.JPG Views:	1 Size:	1.3 KB ID:	475
    By selecting this icon, it allows you to create a poll. This polls can be created to be open for a period of time, multiple selections, whether you want the results public or private.

Click image for larger version  Name:	events.JPG Views:	1 Size:	1.5 KB ID:	476
    By selecting this icon, it allows you to create an event which will be displayed in the forum you create it in, but also will place it in the calendar. It gives you options such as start date/time, whether it is an all day event or multiple days. It also gives you the ability to add the location of the event.

Click image for larger version  Name:	message.JPG Views:	1 Size:	960 Bytes ID:	477
    You will see these icons next to users names. By clicking on these it will allow you to send a private message to that user.

We hope these little tips and tricks help you navigate the site.
    APCO International, Leaders in Public Safety Communications and 9-1-1

Thank you Craig - I plan on starting to post some new things on the calendar and your tips really help me out a lot! Navigating the site is so easy and when I had Sheila Hanna here the other day she was very impressed and had a member of another chapter contact me so that I could walk her through our website! Also had a request that you do a presentation at conference (both our's and International) about chapter websites (hint hint) - I think that would be outstanding!
    Maureen

Comment

Working...
    X