Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atlantic Awards Program

Hello Atlantic Chapter Members,

I hope you are all staying healthy, safe, and hanging in there the best you can during this pandemic. I can say from experience that it has been exhausting. I know our jobs have changed greatly without advance notice. We are not only dealing with staying healthy and social distancing like the rest of the world, we are also handling our community's anxieties, concerns, complaints, and tragedies. Because of this and the dedicated work being done by all, we are going to make a change to the Atlantic Chapter Awards for this year. We are in the middle of a pandemic which makes this a special kind of year so we are going to respond in a special kind of way.

We will be celebrating all of our Atlantic Chapter Members this year. Due to the change we will not be accepting any more award nominations for this year. You can send them in for next year when the window reopens for next year.

I want you all to know that you matter! You should be very proud of who you are and what you do! While we may not be acknowledged just yet as first responders by Government across the States, WE can acknowledge the fact that WE ARE FIRST RESPONDERS! We are holding that Gold line around the rest of our Public Safety family and around each other.

Hold your head up, be proud of what you do, and reach out to those you feel comfortable talking with when it gets to be too much. We need to remember to take care of ourselves so we are not consumed by feeling overwhelmed. We are all in this together. We will get through it and let's hope we come out even stronger than we were before.

Thank you all for your dedication,

Tammy Wright, RPL
    Atlantic Chapter First Vice President
    Awards Committee Chair

Working...
X