911 Saves Act

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 911 Saves Act

In response to the 911 Saves Act, below is a response I received from a CT Senator

Dear Mr. Lafferty,

Thank you for your message regarding the Supporting Accurate Views of Emergency Services (911 SAVES) Act. I appreciate hearing from you on this important issue.

Like you, I firmly believe 9-1-1 dispatchers play critical roles in emergency responses. Through their expertise, training, and professionalism under pressure, these public safety telecommunicators save lives every day. With many dispatchers exposed to trauma on a regular basis, they deserve the resources and benefits necessary to deal with the emotional and psychological impacts of their jobs.

In the 116th Congress, I was proud to cosponsor the 911 SAVES Act, which was introduced by Senator Richard Burr. This bill would amend the Standard Occupational Classification System to categorize public safety telecommunication as a protective service occupation. It would also more accurately reflect the challenging work these heroes do, and correctly recognize them as the first responders they are. Rest assured, I will keep your thoughts in mind if I have the opportunity to vote on this legislation.

Thank you again for your message. Please feel free to contact me in the future with any additional questions or concerns.

Sincerely,

Richard Blumenthal
    United States Senate
    Lawrence Lafferty
    Watertown Police Department
    Watertown, CT 06795
    (W) 860-945-5200
Working...
X