Membership Designations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Membership Designations

• Hello Atlantic Chapter of Association of Public Safety Communications Official (APCO)
      At the Atlantic Chapter 2023 Fall Conference in Albany, NY, I was appointed as Historical Chair.
    • 1st I would like to start of by personally Commending my predecessor Tom Catino, for his Commitment in overseeing a vital program such as membership designation. Every year Tom, would solicit the chapter membership who had the minimum years of service, for nominations to either Life or Senior Member. Every nomination received, had to be checked for completeness and validated in accordance with the APCO Policy Manual, with the assistance from key personnel of APCO, prior to submission to the board. Thank you Tom, for a job well-done. I know I have "big shoes" to fill and look forward to the challenge.
      So, for those of you who may be eligible for either Life or Senior membership designation, review the respective requirements, provide necessary documentation and complete the nomination form. To assist with the criteria for each designation, both a checklist and nomination form for each membership designation have been developed and incorporated into the Atlantic Chapter of APCO website. Go to APCO-Atlantic.org, click on the History tab, then the desired (Life or Senior) designation tab. I verified that the respective (spreadsheet) checklists coincide with the current APCO Policy Manual dated 9 September 2023. With this being said, I see no need in re-inventing the wheel. Any questions or completed documentation please contact the Historical Committee via historical@apco-atlantic.org.
    Lawrence Lafferty
    Watertown Police Department
    Watertown, CT 06795
    (W) 860-945-5200

You are going to do a great job, Larry, and as the Chapter Historian, I will help you the whole way (just like we were mentored to do). Remember, Chapter members - for Senior, it is what you have done on the CHAPTER level, not other levels. If you are on a chapter committee you must have some type of documentation on your activities (minutes). I have many Chapter Conference booklets; however, what really solidifies it is the CONFERENCE REPORT, which lists all the speakers - the committee(s), and other pertinent information. Those reports are kept in the PSConnect folder. For LIFE it is more on what you have done on the Association level. PSConnect becomes the Historical and the Historians best friend, but ONLY when the information is posted there. This is where the board secretary must ensure it is captured in both places for retrieval and documentation.
    The credentials committee will take us to task for not providing the documentation, so it is vital that if you have, preserve it, as it will come in handy. Do not assume Larry or I have it; sometimes, like reports, we are not given copies. If we have it we are the guardians of it and will make sure it is preserved.
    If you have ANY questions, don't hesitate to reach out to either one of us.
    Maureen

Comment

Originally posted by Maureen Will View Post
      You are going to do a great job, Larry, and as the Chapter Historian, I will help you the whole way (just like we were mentored to do). .
      Maureen
      Not a doubt in my mind.

Comment

Hello again, Atlantic Chapter of Association of Public Safety Communication Officials. I'm sending out a courteous reminder to the membership, especially those with 10 or more years and are eligible for either Life or Senior membership designation, to please review the respective requirements, provide necessary documentation and complete the nomination form. To assist with the criteria for each designation, both a checklist and nomination form for each membership designation have been developed and incorporated into the Atlantic Chapter of APCO website. Go to APCO-Atlantic.org, click on the History tab, then the desired (Life or Senior) designation t ab.
        Thus far to date, no applications for either Life nor Senior membership have been received. Presentation for Senior membership designation is done at the annual Atlantic Chapter of APCO fall conference, in which case the 2024 conference is in November 2024.
        Any questions or completed documentation please contact the Historical Committee via historical@apco-atlantic.org.​
        Lawrence Lafferty
        Watertown Police Department
        Watertown, CT 06795
        (W) 860-945-5200

Comment

Working...
        X