APCO Atlantic member honored.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• APCO Atlantic member honored.

Recently, I attended SAFECOM's biannual in-person meeting in Jacksonville FL. During the morning session on April 28th, APCO Life Member, Harlin McEwen was recognized by SAFECOM's leadership for his commitment to the advancement of public safety communications. I met Harlin at my first SAFECOM in person meeting in 2014. Since then he has always stopped and asked how things were with me, and always willing to share his thoughts, feelings, and knowledge with anyone who asked. Here is a link to the full article.
    At its biannual in-person meeting in Jacksonville, Florida, SAFECOM  recognized Chief Harlin McEwen with the inaugural Marilyn J. Praisner Leadership Award. Chief McEwen was recognized after the day’s opening remarks from Department of Homeland Security National Protection and Programs Directorate Under Secretary, Suzanne Spaulding, who thanked SAFECOM members for their dedication to the mission of emergency communications. During the presentation of his award, Chief McEwen received high praise in remarks from SAFECOM Vice Chairs Doug Aiken and Mark Grubb. On Chief McEwen’s impact on the community Aiken said, “I am not aware of another person who has contributed so much to public safety communications and selflessly offered so much of his time other than Chief Harlin McEwen.” Grubb echoed this sentiment saying that, “Harlin is a true inspiration to many people in public safety especially new public safety professionals. He sets an enormous example on how to get involved and move the issue of public safety communications forward.”
    Michael Davis, RPL
    APCO Atlantic President-Elect
    Ulster County 9-1-1 Communication Ctr
    Kingston, NY 12401
    Mdvi@co.ulster.ny.us
    (845)338 1440 (Dispatch)
    (845)901 4606 (Cell)
Working...
X