Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Candidacy for APCO Atlantic First Vice President

Fellow APCO Atlantic Chapter Members,
    Today I am writing to the membership to announce my candidacy for First Vice President of the APCO Atlantic Chapter. I have been active in APCO and our chapter since 2012.
    I started my career in public safety at age 16 as a junior firefighter at my local fire department. In October of 1998, I accepted a position as an Emergency Services Dispatcher for the Ulster County 9-1-1 Emergency Communications Center. In 2014, I earned my RPL designation, was promoted to supervisor as well accepting a position as an At-Large Member of SAFECOM serving on their Education and Outreach Committee.
    Since 2014, I have volunteered for varies committees both on the chapter and International level. Most recently, (2017-2018), I served on both the Historical and Awards Committees. This year, I am again serving on the Historical and Awards committee as well as the PDEC (Professional Development Education Committee).
    There is a theme to all the committees that I have chosen to serve on, PEOPLE.
    The historical committee is about the people and events that have made this organization great.
    The awards committee highlights and exemplifies the great work that 9-1-1 professionals do each day across this country.
    The PDEC evaluates and chooses content for the professional development tracks that our members attend during the international conference.

Our chapter is one of the most active in the association. Every year, the number of APCO Atlantic members that are on committees continues to grow. In 2018, our chapter again received the award for growth at the conference in Vegas, a distinction we have won several years in a row. While we continue to see high numbers in membership, but we still could be higher. We also need to engage and encourage more participation from our membership. Mentoring the chapter leaders of the future while not forgetting the people that have gotten us to this point.
    While I have met many of you at national conferences or a chapter functions, I hope to meet many more of you at our upcoming conference in Mystic Connecticut. For those of you that will be there and eligible to vote, I ask for your support. Thank you for your time.

Michael T. Davis, RPL
    Candidate for APCO Atlantic First Vice President.

• Mike Davis
    replied
    My attempt at a Facebook candidate page. Please like and share

Leave a comment:

• Mike Davis
    replied
    I will try to post updates and my vision and goals for our chapter here and PSConnect, as well as a Facebook page I am creating. First, I wanted to share a picture of Brian LaMonica, our chapter president, accepting the award for Chapter Growth at APCO 2018. I am proud of what we have already accomplished but know we can do even better.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X