Florida Relief Efforts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Florida Relief Efforts

I currently serve on the Member & Chapter Services Committee covering Florida, Georgia and Alabama. As you know they recently took a strong hit from Hurricane Michael. I have been in contact with the President of each chapter and have received a response from Florida Chapter.

President Thomas Ciampi relayed information that 8 dispatchers have either lost their homes completely or their home has been severely damaged. They all work in Bay County in the Florida Panhandle. They are in need of toiletries and gift cards to help these fellow dispatchers and their families get back on their feet. Items will also be used to help other dispatchers affected as well.

Other items they had listed are:

Gift cards –Preferred (Any denomination) We will distribute the gift cards to the Public Safety Telecommunicators in the Panhandle.
    Clothing
    Shoes – sneakers
    Jackets
    Sweat suits
    Nonperishable food items.
    Small kitchen appliances
    Toiletries

I would like your permission to have our Chapter Media Committee get the word out and show our brothers and sisters in Florida that APCO Atlantic Chapter supports them in their recovery. We have a lot of great people in our chapter and I would like to see what we can do to help out.

Items can be sent to:

Coral Springs Police Department
    Attn: Thomas Ciampi, FL APCO President
    2801 Coral Springs Drive Coral Springs, Florida 33065
    Agencies wishing to help out are asked to email me at rcole@hcsonh.us so I can compile a list and also if they have any questions. I can be reached at 603-721-9173 as well.

I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Respectfully,
    Rob Cole
    APCO Atlantic Chapter Member
    Member & Chapter Services Committee Rep (FL,GA, AL)
Working...
X