Call for Speakers - APCO International

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Call for Speakers - APCO International

It's that time of year, and I'm not talking about Christmas, although I'm sitting here wearing the 1st of many ugly sweaters for our dress down Friday holiday addition. I know the talent that is here in the Atlantic Chapter and that talent shines during our annual conference when we see the caliber of speakers we have. You've proven your effectiveness with us, now how about branching out and speaking during the 2019 Annual Conference & Expo in Baltimore? Deadline is fast approaching (December 18th) for your submissions. So - not one to reinvent the wheel, I've copied/pasted an email that was received to share with you as I know I would very much like to see some of our familiar faces at the podium for a class.

I know first hand how it feels to present at International - yes it can be frightening and a bit overwhelming, but taking a page from Steve Bunker (one who has presented many times) when you look out into the audience and you see those familiar faces, you are talking to THEM and before you know it, they are all engaged. The experience is one you will treasure and the sharing of the knowledge that you have is well worth the butterflies!

Thank you for taking the time to read the posts, and check out the opportunity to let us share YOU with the rest of our Communications Family - and hey, if you don't want to do a session then volunteer - Baltimore is a train ride away and volunteering is a way to get those day passes - plan early - WE want to see you in Baltimore!!!

Stay safe - train well and get out those "ugly sweaters" - tis the season!!
    Maureen

Are You Ready to Share Your Knowledge at APCO 2019?
    Now is the time to submit your ideas! Every year, APCO International reaches out to the public safety communications community seeking speakers to submit a proposal for a potential session at our Annual Conference & Expo .
    If it weren't for APCO members like you, stepping forward with knowledge, experience and valuable information, we would not have the impressive program we offer every year with the opportunity to earn continuing education credits and grow professionally. Take a moment to consider how you could help others by sharing what you have learned on the job.
    Take a look at the professional development tracks and learn more about submitting your proposal at apco2019.org/call. The deadline is December 18.

Working...
X