Good morning Chapter Members:

Summer is upon us and with it celebrations of achievements of our children - grandchildren and sometimes ourselves! Graduations - Father's Day - Anniversaries (today marks the 75th Anniversary of D-Day) and other special achievements in our lives. It also starts the season of conferences and our privilege of voting for candidates to the Executive Board. On Thursday June 13th, 2nd Vice-President Candidate Kimberly Burdick will be speaking to the Board and Membership on her platform, please take the few minutes to dial in and hear what she she has to say so that you can make that informed choice when you vote. Voting will be open soon on the APCO International site, so make an informed decision when you. The conference bridge number is: 1.571.317.3122 and the Access number is: 767-911-797#, the bridge will open up at 1200 hours (eastern time).

There is also still time to nominate someone for our Chapter Awards - we have a lot of talent in the Atlantic Chapter, and yes it does take time and effort to complete the form, which can be done online, but it is well worth it. As a previous recipient of two Chapter Awards, I can tell you how much is ment to be honored by my peers, and I have also taken that time to nominate members of my staff and was honored when they also received awards. The time and effort we taken in completing the requirements are payed back in ways you can not imagine. Take a leap of faith - nominate someone before the time passes.

The International Conference is rapidly approaching, Baltimore is closer than you think - there is still housing available and don't forget if you volunteer your time you get a day pass - we know of Chapter members who have been able to attend and needed only to pay for transportation and housing because they volunteered each and every day . I volunteered for the first time last year and had a wonderful time so I did it again this year - again, take that leap of faith and volunteer for a few hours, you will meet some wonderful new friends. There will be a Chapter meeting while we are in Baltimore and Chapter Night Out is always a great time - keep looking for announcements on signing up!!

Speaking of conferences, the Atlantic Chapters own conference will be 3 short months after International, November 11th through the 13th at the beautiful Sea Crest Beach Hotel in North Falmouth Mass. The conference committee is meeting monthly preparing another spectacular training event for you. The call for papers is out with a deadline of June 30th for submission - the exhibit hall has some wonderful sponsors who yet again amaze us with their continued support of the Chapter. Rooms go fast, so please - it's NOT too early to book your room at the Sea Crest, even if you have not registered yet. No one wants to be disappointed because they couldn't attend due to reservation issues, so please, make your reservations sooner rather than later. Early bird registration is going on until August 27th - don't procrastinate too long or you will miss out. Just go to the Conference link right here on the website for all the information you need.

Finally, take a few minutes and consider putting yourself out there and running for a position on the Atlantic Chapter Board. It is a commitment and you need to have that desire to serve (along with your employers approval) but it begins a journey that can lead you to so many wonderful adventures and fulfilling experiences. If you are not sure, call one of us on the Board, we will be happy to talk to you about our experience, good and bad or consider the Member At Large position, to give you an idea as to what it is like. Member at Large is appointed and was meant to give you an idea as to how the Board operates and the commitment, it's not a position you stay in forever, just a short period of time. Think about it.

The time slips away from us so quickly it seems, our conferences are a way of reconnecting - rejuvenating and reflecting on our commitment to our profession - our industry and ourselves, for me I also reflect on how blessed I am to belong to such a wonderful organization with such amazing people. Enjoy the rest of of your week - I know we'll be talking again soon.

Stay safe - train well.
Maureen