Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Candidacy for the position of APCO Atlantic Chapter Executive Council Representative.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Candidacy for the position of APCO Atlantic Chapter Executive Council Representative.

After careful consideration, much discussion with my family and many Chapter members I am excited declare my candidacy for the position of APCO Atlantic Chapter Executive Council representative.

I have thought long and hard about how I can continue to serve APCO, and the Atlantic Chapter, as my tenure on the current board winds down as the Immediate past president. Currently, I am the Immediate Past President of the Chapter. Being a Board Member in the Atlantic Chapter for the past four years has been one of the most rewarding and challenging things I have had the privilege to take part of in my career. I have met some wonderful people in my time as a Board Member and made many lifelong friends. Being in Public Safety Communications is an extremely challenging profession and being part of an organization such as APCO has helped me grow in my career as a dispatcher, and leader.

I have had the privilege to serve APCO and the Atlantic Chapter in various roles through the years, at the Chapter and International levels. I want to continue my service to this great organization as your representative to the Executive Council. The Executive Council Representative serves as the voice of all chapter members at the international level and is the conduit between the International and the chapter. As I listen to so many people about their ideas and concerns about our profession, I want to advance those ideas and concerns to not only make our profession better, but to help strengthen APCO, as an organization.

Public safety is a large part of my life of public service. Serving the chapter, and the international is deeply personal to me, it is my way of giving back to an organization that has stood behind telecommunicators, and myself personally.

When my wife was injured in a horrific accident just prior to me assuming the Presidency of the Atlantic Chapter, members of APCO rose up and stood behind me in support. Never once did I feel alone, as my family and I navigated through our own personal crisis. APCO members from across the country offered food, donations, and words of encouragement to get both myself and my family though one of the most difficult times in our lives. There was a tremendous outpouring of support from the members of the Atlantic Chapter specifically. This gratitude and support will never be forgotten by my family, or I.

It is humbling to have had the opportunity to serve as a member of your Board for the last four years. Now, I would like to continue serving you as your Executive Council representative. I would like to respectfully ask for your vote at the Atlantic Chapter conference in November.

If you have any questions for me, please feel free to reach out to me. I look forward to seeing you all in November.

Stay safe and take care of yourselves, and each other.

Brian LaMonica

Working...
X