Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Year End Musings

Good morning Atlantic Chapter Members:

I hope this posting finds you all well and anticipating another successful Atlantic Chapter Conference - the Conference Committee has been hard at work finalizing those little details that make the conference successful and this year is no exception. Programs have been confirmed and the speakers are eagerly preparing their sessions, the exhibitors are packing their items to display their wares for you and the hotel is eagerly awaiting our arrival. The Executive Committee from International will be arriving on Sunday to be on hand for their own Town Hall session, so have your questions and comments ready for them. They will be with us the entire time so you will have a chance to meet and speak with them.

The Executive Board of the Chapter will lead us in our business meetings (Monday - Tuesday and closing on Wednesday). We encourage ALL our members to attend the business meetings to ask questions and to hear the candidates for elected office, who will be voted in on Tuesday afternoon. This is their opportunity to speak with you, to tell you their qualifications - platform and desires for our Chapter, and it is YOUR opportunity to ask questions about their qualifications - visions for the future of the Chapter and why they are choosing to run for a board position. If you are not sure if you are a voting member, when you receive your registration packet you will see on your credentials a "V" which will indicate that you are voting. If you have questions ahead of time you can call or email me and I can check on your voting status. You must be present to vote at conference.

Monday morning we open the conference with opening ceremonies and a welcome by APCO International President Tracy Hilburn and our own President B. Fred Cummings. The opening will set the tone for the start of a great conference from the Presentation of Colors - National Anthem - the blessing of our meal and members, and on a solom note, the honoring of those who have gone before us with the Missing Man table. When your first business meeting opens, you will hear about the nomination and election process for your 2019 - 2020 Executive Board. From there the opening and ribbon cutting for our exhibits. Please spend time in the exhibit hall talking with the men and women who have traveled to meet you, many of whom have sponsored meals and events for conference, without their help and support many of the functions might not have been provided.

Tuesday night will be the Awards Banquet, this is the time we honor those Chapter members who have been nominated and selected by their peers for awards for Telecommunicator of the Year - Supervisor of the Year - Team of the Year and Director of the Year. As a past recipient of an award, I can tell you the honor is an experience you will never forget. The committees have worked hard to make this a very special evening for you, as it is a time for us to come together as one to celebrate our members and our Chapter. There will be a raffle with some wonderful prizes donated by our members and a few surprises too!

Wednesday will be our closing luncheon after morning sessions, the new Executive Board will be sworn in by President Tracy Hilburn which is an honor in itself. With the passing of the gavel - B. Fred becomes the Immediate Past President; you will hear from our new President, Jonathan Goldman,then meet any new members onto the Board. After his remarks it will be time to say our goodbyes until we meet again in Orlando in August or New Hampshire in October (2020). For some this will be a bittersweet departure, for others a step into a new direction. Either way, conference is an experience that we shouldn't miss. If you are looking for more information on the conference, simply click on the CONFERENCE tab right here on the website, everything you need to know is right there.

I look forward to see you there in a few short weeks, it has always been a pleasure and honor to speak with you and spend time talking. This Chapter is has given so much to so many and so many of you have given a great deal to ensure a bright future for the generations to come. Safe travels my friends - see you in North Falmouth!

Maureen

This just got me real excited for the conference!

Comment

Working...
    X