Good afternoon Atlantic Chapter Members:

The end of January is here, and I still can't figure out where Christmas went! It seems like only yesterday that decorations and presents were sparkling under and around a tree and before you know it we're looking at Valentine and St. Patrick's Day decorations (and candy) in the aisles. Not only that, Super Bowl Sunday is THIS Sunday, and the Daytona 500 is on the 16th. I know I'm getting old, but it appears that time is flying by us.

And that brings me to our service to APCO, yup it's that time of year - COMMITTEE SIGN UP!! You can only sign up between February 1st and April 1st, no sooner and no later. Even if you are already on a committee and plan on returning, you MUST sign up. Don't make the mistake others have and keep putting it off, because if you do, chances are you will forget. There are 12 different committees that you can choose from, and believe me there is something for everyone! Here is the list of committees:
  • Agency Training Program Committee (This is an exempt committee and a personal favorite)
  • Awards Committee
  • Bylaws Committee (A personal favorite
  • Cybersecurity Committee
  • Editorial Committee
  • Historical Committee (Another personal favorite
  • Member & Chapter Services Committee
  • Pro-CHRT Committee (Yet another personal favorite)
  • Spectrum and Technology Committee
  • Young Professional Committee
Like I said, something for everyone - take a leap of faith, get involved - make new contacts. I hear that people want to be involved - to do something, well this is a way to get involved, a way to make a difference. There are so many of us out there that have served on one or more of these committees and eventually they became the Vice Chair or the Chair. If you want to attain Senior or Life Designations, this is one of the paths to take. It's more than that, this is a way to LEARN about yourself and your Association - the WE in and of, the Association.

I can let you in on a little secret too - if you find out that the committee is just not for you, (and you should give it the FULL YEAR before you do this, if you can) or if work or personal commitments are getting in the way, you can talk to your Chair and quietly and professionally let them know that you are unable to continue to service, with no harm and no foul. Think about it my friends - the committees needs the members and the members need the committees - to me it's a win/win situation. So join us on February 1st - this is what you need to know:

Once again, the sign up runs between February 1st to April 1st - You must sign up again for committees you currently hold a position on - You can participate on 2 non-exempt standing committees anda Chairs and Vice-Chairs serve on one standing committee. Simple and easy - Go to APCO International and click on Membership, when it opens select Committee Sign Up - log in and choose your committee. I currently serve on two committees, Bylaws and Agency Training and I love my involvement in both, I hope to "see" some more Atlantic Chapter Members on the 2020 - 2021 conference calls. If you have questions about any of the committees, give me a call or email and I can put you in touch with the Chairs or members so that you can get first hand information.

Before you know it, it will also be FLASH DAY (April 1st) - Orlando here we come (again) - pack the sunscreen and portable fans!
Maureen