Support for 911 Saves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Support for 911 Saves

This may not be totally compatible to the requirements for this page, however I felt it would show that APCO is being heard by congressional members. Below is the reply I received

June 3, 2019
    Dear Lawrence,
    Thank you for contacting me regarding H.R. 1629, the 911 SAVES Act. I appreciate hearing your thoughts on this important matter.
    As you may know, Representatives Torres (D-CA) and Fitzpatrick (R-PA) introduced this legislation on March 7, 2019. This bill would reclassify 9-1-1 call-takers and dispatchers as “Protective Service Occupations” instead of “Administrative Support Occupations” in the Office of Management and Budget Standard Occupational Classification (SOC) catalog. This bill has been referred to the Committee on Education and Labor, where it awaits further action.
    As a member of the Education and Labor Committee, I understand the importance of the work that public safety telecommunicators do and their vital importance to our society. Please know that I will keep your thoughts in mind should H.R. 1629, or related legislation, come to the floor of the 116th Congress.
    Thank you again for contacting me to weigh in on this matter. Your feedback is essential for me to effectively serve as your Representative in Congress. Please continue to share your opinions, concerns and priorities with me. To keep up with my work in Congress, please sign up for my e-newsletter here.

Sincerely,

Jahana Hayes
    Member of Congress

Lawrence Lafferty
    Watertown Police Department
    Watertown, CT 06795
    (W) 860-945-5200

I think it is very appropriate Larry - in fact today the Texas governor just signed legislation recognizing 911 dispatchers as first responders! We here in CT and in this Chapter need to continue to make the push so that EVERY state does the same thing!! Here is the link to the article: https://www.everythinglubbock.com/ne...ers/2072901291
    Maureen

Comment

Working...
    X