Good Morning Chapter Members,

I hope things are slowly returning to "normal" amidst the COVID19 pandemic, and you are beginning to start to enjoy your summer. Certainly the summer weather has returned to NH with the high this past weekend being 96. It was HOT!

As many of you know, Atlantic Chapter of APCO Member At Large, Framingham MA Deputy Fire Chief Brad Smith tragically passed away on April 1, 2020 from Occupational Cancer. Brad and his Fiance Carmella Call, a Dispatcher with the Farmington Ct. Police Department, and volunteer for the Burlington Ct. Fire Department. Carmella is also a longtime member of the Atlantic Chapter of APCO. With Deputy Chief Smiths passing, a vacancy was created on the Atlantic Chapter of APCO Board. It gives me great pleasure to announce, that Carmella Call has accepted the appointment to Member At Large for the remainder of this year. We look forward to Carmella continuing in Brads "chair" and advocating for the membership as Brad always did. Brad will be missed, but I can think of no greater honor than appointing Carmella to this position. Good Luck and Welcome aboard Carmella. Carmella will be sworn into her new role on the July 9th Board Call.

The Atlantic Chapter of APCO has its own Executive Board, as does APCO International. Each year, elections are held during the International Conference for the International Executive Board. For those unable to attend the Annual Conference, and still wishing to vote, electronic voting is available. I encourage everyone to learn about the candidates, and vote. It is our association, and we should have a voice in the electoral process of the Association.

It has been customary for the Atlantic Chapter of APCO to allow any candidates seeking election to APCO International Office to speak with our members on a conference call preceding one of our monthly meetings. Although the Atlantic Chapter of APCO does not typically "endorse" any particular candidate we do encourage any candidate wishing to speak before the membership to do so.

Angela Bowen, CPE has declared as a candidate for 2nd VP of APCO International. Angie is from Georgia, and is known to many. She has attended several of our Chapter Conferences. Angie will be speaking with the Atlantic Chapter of APCO membership on our next conference call. The call will be held on July 9th at 12:00 Noon.

The call in information is:

Call in Bridge: 1.571.317.3122

Access: 767-911-797#