Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanksgiving Greetings

Good Afternoon,

By now, most every chapter member should have received their Atlantic Chapter of APCO Challenge coins. If you have not received your coins yet, we would ask you to give it some time. Chapter Awards Committee Chair, Tammy Wright has been working diligently to get the coins out to each and every chapter member, which as you might imagine is no small task.

I wanted to take a few minutes to reach out to you, our members and thank you for what you do every single day. When the Awards Committee approached the board with this crazy idea of presenting the Chapter Awards, to the whole membership I thought to myself, hmmmm, we'll see how this goes. Well, it has gone so well, we couldn't be prouder of the Atlantic Chapter of APCO membership. We often tell everyone the Atlantic Chapter is "The Best" in the entire organization, and we are. Atlantic Chapter members are deeply and passionately involved with APCO International at many levels, on various committees, committee leadership, and more. You truly are the best of the best.

When COVID19 began to creep into our country in early 2020, the Emergency Communications professionals that make up our chapter didn't back down, didn't waiver from our mission, and continued to provide emergency communications, and 9-1-1 services to the communities we serve. For this reason, the Atlantic Chapter of APCO Board did not hesitate to say YES when the Awards Committee approached the board about presenting an award to the entire chapter.

On behalf of the Atlantic Chapter of APCO Executive Board, and the Awards Committee, we want to say CONGRATULATIONS to each and every one of you, and again thank YOU for what YOU have done every single day of this crisis, and what YOU will do as we continue to do our jobs, and answer our callings under the pressures of COVID19.

As we enter into the holiday season, with the added stress of COVID19, this can be a hard time for those who have lost loved ones, handled particularly stressful calls, or incidents. I would like to remind everyone to take care of yourselves, take care of each other, and take care of your field personnel. There are resources available for all of us, if we feel we need to talk with someone, or one of our co-workers needs to talk to someone, please use those resources if you feel you or a co-worker needs them.

I would be remiss if I did not wish you, your co-workers, and your families a safe, and Happy Thanksgiving, and a special Thank You to those who will be working in the communications centers, so others may have the day off.

Stay Safe, Stay Healthy, Wash Your Hands, and Don't lick each others faces.
Working...
X