This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommended Minimum Training Guidelines for the 9-1-1 Telecommunicator

Greeting members. Today I received an email from APCO regarding Minimum Training Guidelines that a Working Group comprised of industry leaders within our profession had produced in an effort to develop model legislation of any state that does not currently have legislation concerning minimum training for Telecommunicators. The 911 community is being given an opportunity to vet the Working Document as it will then actually represent a consensus among participating organizations (yes I am paraphrasing what is in the cover letter - I hate reinventing the wheel).
    This is OUR opportunity to be that WE that President Lee is talking about - WE have a voice and our voices should be heard. I urge you to click on the link and review the document and then follow the instructions to make your comments and recommendations.
    This is our opportunity to make a difference, it is also our responsibility to be a part of the solution to an issue that we have discussed numerous times on forums,at conference and among ourselves.
    Maureen
Working...
X